Before using RasterBlaster 4, it is necessary to configure the computer system or XNI box to a static IP address.
Locate an available IP address
First, locate a suitable static IP address. You want an address that's in the same IP address range as your current network but won't conflict with existing devices or devices automatically assigned an IP address by the router on the network. If you need assistance, contact your network's administrator or an IT Professional.
Open Control Panels
Open the network and sharing center
Edit Adapter Settings
Choose "Change adapter settings" from the menu on the left side of the window.
Open Properties for the active network adapter.
Right click on the active network adapter and choose properties.
Open IPv4 Properties
- Click "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"
- Click the properties button.
Edit the IP4 Properties.
Note the IP addresses shown are only examples. Your settings might be different.
- Select "Use the following IP address.
- Enter IP, Subnet Mask, and Default gateway information.
- Click OK. Your system will now be configured for a static IP address. If you have trouble connecting to the network after editing the settings, double check your IP and gateway numbers.