Since the release of Windows 10, there has been a slew of complaints regarding the USB interface not connecting to the engine. The behavior is described below.
- The Device Manager reflects a correctly loaded driver
- PB2 Diag reports the USB firmware is loaded “but” PB2Diag cannot talk (no setup messages, no communication traffic with plugin).
- Plugin reports “No PB2 Card.
To resolve this issue the end user can unplugged and then replugged the USB cable into the USB port which reloads the driver or restarting the whole system.
We have found that this is the result of a new option within the Windows 10 operating system called Windows Fast Start Up. Xitron's position is this feature needs to be deactivated to have a smooth operation of our interface and the loading of our drivers. The following steps will walk you through deactivating Windows Fast Start Up.
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Select the Power Options
3. Click the link on the left-hand side “Choose what power buttons do”.
4. Shutdown settings are un-editable until you open the link “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
5. Now you can access the “Turn on fast startup.”
6. Deselect the check box if it was selected. Normally the default setting is on.
Once this setting has been turned off then you should not have the error originally described.