Viewing job previews
RasterBlaster can display thumbnail images of individual job separations as well as a composite view of a form. Note that the view is a low-resolution rendering designed for job identification, and not detailed inspection of raster data.
Preview data is generated for workflows with the "Generate Thumbnails" setting enabled in the workflow. Note that Raster Blaster may take a few minutes to generate previews, especially on large jobs. Jobs can be released to the imaging device before the previews are ready.
Select a job
After logging into the Browser Client, select a job from the jobs table. If the preview data is ready, a thumbnail preview will be displayed in the upper right corner of the window.
View larger previews
Click the view button to open a window displaying larger previews of job parts.
Composite previews of jobs can be viewed, as well as individual files by choosing an option from the left panel.
To close the window, click the "x" icon in the upper right corner of the window.
Releasing jobs for imaging in RasterBlaster
In the RasterBlaster Browser Client, you can either release an entire job or a subset of its associated job parts (plates).
Releasing all plates associated with a job
- Select a job from the jobs table. Releasing a complete job is available from the "Held" view or the "Completed" view.
- Click the "Release All" button below the jobs table. All plates associated for the job will be released to the Active Queue. If the queue is enabled, jobs will begin imaging.
- When the job is done imaging, it will show up in the "Completed" view.
Releasing part of a job.
- Select a job from the jobs table. Releasing a complete job is available from the "Held" view or the "All Jobs" view.
- Click the Release Part button below the jobs table.
- Select the job parts to image. Note that it's possible to select more than one job part. (drag and hold, or hold shift on the keyboard)
- Click Release Part to send the job parts to the active view. If the queue associated with the job is enabled, the released jobs will begin imaging.
- To close the window, click the X icon in the upper right corner.
Quick release allows you to quickly release a specific job part. To use quick release:
- Press the Quick Release button.
- Enter the job number.
- Click Quick Release. The job part will be released if it is held. If the job is already complete, the job will be reimaged.