Navigator HP DFE Installation
Make sure that the HP print engine is setup and on the network before installing the software. Make sure that you write down the IP address for the print engine.
We also recommend that you load Google Chrome and set it as the default browser. Google Chrome was the browser used for development and testing.
- Make sure that the PC user has Local Administrative Rights
- Set the User Account controls to Never
- Download Navigator DFE Installer HP R8.zip
- Unzip the installer
- Run the installer “NavigatorHHRInstaller.exe”
- Select More Info
- Click Run Anyway
- The installer will now launch. Follow the prompts
- Enter the LDK Product Key
- Set the install location. The default location is usually best.
- Leave the Program Folder as is.
- Installer is now running
- Enter the IP address for the HP Print Engine, when prompted.
- The installer will now be finished. Click Finish
- Use the Launcher to launch the server.
- The Server and Client will both launch. The server will launch and auto hide. The Client will launch and stop at the login screen. Click Find Servers, and then click OK. The User Name is ‘User’ and the password is left blank.
- From the task bar click on the Server icon make the server visible.
- Click on Server Setup and select Administrator Login…
User Name: Administrator
Password: leave blank
- Go back to Server Setup and select Manage Devices
- Select the HP Device and make sure that the Tread Control State is running.
- If it is not running click Start, and click apply.
- Minimize the Server.
- On the desktop there should have been a shortcut labeled ‘DFE’, launch it.
- This will open the DFE in the default web browser. (Google Chrome is the recommended web browser)
- DFE Window
- Job Editor Window
1. Job Preview 2. Artwork offset and rotation
3. Print Option: Test Print-Outputs first page of PDF, Print All-Prints all pages in the PDF,
Range-Prints a desired page range.
4. Quality: Change the resolution of output.
5. Media: Set the media size and Layout
6. Paper: select the paper profile
7. Color Sliders: minor edits to the overall color of the job
8. Spot Colors: Edit spot colors, and save them as presets.