The current Screen plug-in does have an installer, but there will be some future changes on how the plug-in will be configured. At this point, follow the steps below to load and configure the Xitron Screen GBE plug-in.
- On a system that has a rip already loaded, run the Navigator GBE installer
- Make sure you, when the plug-in installer opens, point to the correct path for the Rip.
- Since this plug-in is not currently signed, it will require and Xencrypt code
- Since this plug-in uses TCP/IP as its method of sending data to the CTP, the plug-in requires the IP address of the CTP. This function is currently done in the RIP .ini file. To find the location of the .ini file type in %appdata% into the search field on the rip computer.
- The search field will open the path where many .ini files are deposited. Open the Xitron folder and then the Rip folder. You may find this folder empty. If that is the case, copy the provided INI file into this folder. Open the INI file with a text editor such as WordPad, Note Pad, or Notepad ++.
- If the INI file was present, you would need to add the highlighted text above. If you added the provided INI file, then this information has already been added, and all you will need to do is confirm the IP address of the CTP. This default value is not necessarily correct, so please verify it.
- Now launch the Rip and verify in the log of the Rip that the IP address has been applied.
The CTP itself will need to have its IP configured as well for the communication to work. Once the CTP and the Rip have been configured with the correct networking information, the Rip will poll the CTP for virtual magazine information.
- To verify that this handshake has taken place, check that a virtual magazine has been created in the devices folder.
Xitron does not configure the Screen CTP. If the user of this document needs assistance on where to find the settings within the Screen CTP control panel, hopefully, the screenshot below can be helpful.
- Open ETC.
- Select Next
- Select next again.
- Select the TCP/IP for PIF
- Confirm or alter IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway and then save.