How to Fix the Sierra System Log if it is Blank
The root cause of this behavior is that the Sierra System Log has become corrupt. To correct this issue, you must follow the step below.
- Close all connected Clients
- Close Sierra Server (Do not forget to back-up the database)
- Browse to the logs folder inside of the genstore
Usual Location: X:\Xitron\Sierra\genstore\logs
- Locate the file syslog and delete it
- Launch Sierra Server
- When it minimizes go to the tray and restore Sierra Server the log should be displaying properly again.