Duralink r3 is a new release of software supporting Memjet's Duralink system.
Changes and fundamental differences from 2.6
The RIP has changed to Harlequin Host Renderer 13. This has caused some simplification and streamlining such that a few necessary configuration tools have either changed, or been removed.
- The RIP has changed from Global Graphics' Harlequin MultiRIP (HMR) to Harlequin Host Renderer (HHR), using its Scalable RIP option. Multiple RIP cores may be run in parallel, in a ‘RIP farm’. One RIP instance acts as a 'master', and spawns RIP subprocesses. All these including the master are identical RIP instances, which terminate when each job is complete. The number of RIPs available depends on your license.
- Multi-RIP configuration tool is not used. The scalable RIP scales invisibly.
- XiRemote is not used.
- The press Coordinator Action is not used.
- The RIP Page Setup Manager is not used as it does not exist in the HHR system.
- Configuration may be adjusted or added using the Navigator Configurations Editor (launched using the 'NCE' shortcut in User Resources\Xitron Shortcuts ). This edits JSON configuration files stored under Navigator\Config\RenderConfig. This can be thought of as a replacement for the Page Setup Manager.
- The Page Filter Action no longer slices into one file per press strip. All slices are stored in a single PDF sequenced across the printbar, in stage order. The Page Filter Action is still required.
- A single workflow is used, with no need for separate 'File Prep' and 'Press Output' workflows.
- The workflow uses a single 'Render Action' for output to the press, rather than a number of RIP Output Actions.
- ODC processing now processes feathering (cross-fading between adjacent print heads); 'feathered' CCTs are no longer required.
- Only a single PC is used in r3.0. r3.1 will bring more PCs into the system. See a roadmap here.
- Two processing modes are supported:
- Standard; supporting press-wide pages in input documents.
- Transactional; supporting US Letter-sized pages in input documents. Slit and Merge and DualStream (renamed to MultiStream) transactional modes are available.
- Support for 925dpi vertical resolution has been added. Resolutions supported are 1600dpi across the printhead and in the paper feed direction you can choose from 1585, 1260, 925, 790, and 580.
- Separator pages may be added between jobs. If you wish these not to be blank, the top 25% of each page may be set to gray. i.e. hex color 0xCC:
Add these lines:
- Add page and copy count information into the ABT stream
This will allow the user to add tags with copy and page numbers that will display in Memjet PCS
DuraLink Spooler, Configure…
These will be displayed by the PCS as the job is printed.
- StreamOnStart: optionally, DuraLink Spooler will start streaming output to the press as soon as data is available, rather than waiting for the output buffers to be full. This setting is off (0) by default. To enable this option:
Add these lines:
- Switch to the new OdcLib which computes the feathering for stitch overlaps in place of using special CCTs.
- Screening. This release includes HDS Fine and HDS Medium Large/Medium/Small calibrated dithers, and AIS Mirror, Opal, Pearl.
Memjet does not recommend the use of the Mirror screen set. Testing shows it causes increased wear on some nozzles. Reducing printhead life is not the goal! We'll remove Mirror as an option in future releases of the Duralink system.
Xitron recommends experimenting with HDS Medium, HDS Fine, AIS Opal, and AIS Pearl. The calibrated dithers are available in HDS Medium. These are recommended by Memjet.
Navigator Configurations Editor
Sentinel Driver Installer
Python 3.x must be installed with the following options checked: “Add Python to environment variables”, “py launcher”, “Associate files with Python (requires the py launcher)”
More information about ODC is available from Memjet and, regarding it's use in the RIP, here.
Memjet version compatibility:
Component descriptions and locations.
Main installation folder
Shortcuts for launching RIP Manager, Client, LDK Web Server, NCE
RIP Manager folder
Contains Navigator Server and Client.
JSON settings files edited with NCE.
PostScript template for processing jobs
Contains the master RIP.
LDK utilities, security installers
Utility to produce a report on the system configuration and most recent job, opens it in web browser.
Utilities to back up and restore configuration files.
Utility to gather log