The Navigator workflow is a tool that allows users to access the Navigator Server from an end user’s workstation. The Navigator server software enables connections to remote clients via IP addresses assigned to network interface cards in the same address range as the client workstation. There are times when the Navigator server platform will require multiple network interface cards (NICs) to be installed on the server platform to connect to different networks and devices. Various NICs can cause a conflict in which NIC the Navigator software will connect or bind. This technote explains how to change the binding order on the NIOCs loaded on the Navigator server computer.
Since the server is, You will need to change the priorities on the Network Interface Cards. You want the NIC for the network were to rip resides to be a lower number (meaning higher priority) than the other NIC.
Follow the directions below.
1. Open Settings
2. Select Network & Internet
3. Select Status
4. Select "Change adapter options."
5. Right-Click on the NIC that you are going to prioritize, then select Properties.
6. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
7. Click the Properties.
8. In the "General" tab, select the Advanced button.
9. Unclick the Automatic metric option.
10. In the "Interface metric" field, assign the priority value for the adapter. Remember, the lower the number, the higher the priority.
11. Click the OK button twice and then select the close button.
12. Launch the server and verify the correct IP address was found by the Navigator server.
After these settings have been configured, the Navigator server will now bind itself to the NIC with the lowest metric value from now on.