These directions explain the process of how to manually set the IP address of the HP 1170 print engine in Navigator. There are two (2) places in Navigator that you must set the IP address for the HP 1170 print engine. The first is the Device Manager in Navigator Server, and the second is the HPPW.ini file.
1. Changing the IP Address in Navigator Server:
- Open Navigator Server
- Log in as Administrator
- Open the Manage Devices
From the Server menus select Server Setup>Manage Devices…
- Select the HP device
- Click on Stop Thread
- Edit the IP address
- Click Start Thread
- Click Apply
- Close Manage Devices…
- Close Navigator
2. HPPW.ini file:
You will need to browse the HPPW.ini file and edit it in a text editing application such as Notepad.
HPPW.ini file location.
"User" is your username.
- If Navigator is running close it
- Open a File Explorer window
- In the address bar enter %appdata% and then press enter
- Browse to the Xitron folder and open it
- Browse to the HPPW folder and open it
- Select the file HPPW.ini and open it in Notepad
- Enter the HP 1170 IP address in ipaddress = 10.126.123.229 (not the actual address yours will be different)
- Save the file
- Open Navigator and try to run the job again.