The Xitron DFE has a procedure to calibrate your device to get it into a known state when the included ICC profiles have been created. Currently, Xitron DFE supports using the i1Studio from X-rite for this process. Depending on the version of the X-Rite driver loaded, the Navigator Configuration Editor (NCE) may have trouble finding the i1Studio from within the software. This document describes how to resolve this situation.
- When accessing the NCE, it displays the error “Failed to find the connected device.”
- Verify that the computer can see the device in the Windows device manager.
- Verify the current version of the i1Studio driver.
- Download the correct DLLs and drivers from the path below.
- Follow the path C:\Navigator\Navigator\Webserver and replace the "i1Studio.dll" and the "Spectro.dll."
- Find the "Programs and Features" settings within the Control Panel, select the installed i1Studio driver, right-click this driver, and select 'uninstall."
- Locate the driver you previously downloaded and install.
- Launch the newly installed X-Rite driver and verify that it is the older version.
- Launch the DFE and open the NCE to verify the Xitron software now sees the X-Rite device.
- Now continue with the calibration of the device.